I bought this tree from Attie Louw in 2015. It was planted in a very large cement pot but I left it so that I could work on the branch structure.
I immediately removed 3 large branches from the tree when I got it as to open the trunk. I also removed some very large branches in the canopy to get the taper correct again. I was left with the canopy and the large branch to the right of the tree. This I left as it looked natural...
I slowly worked on the fine branching and pulling down the larger branches to open up the canopy more and more. I did this twice allowing time in between for the tree to rest.
I decided to take a picture of the tree and the first branch became a very big problem. I replanted the tree in 2016 into the new container which was the biggest I had at the time that worked. I decided to remove the branch after some advice from Duncan Wiles. It was a big change and the taper and movement of the tree jumped out at the viewer now.
The future of the tree is to get it into a larger pot in the new season. I am designing a tapered side slate type pot with a natural finish and charcoal tone to it. I will be making the pot over the winter period ready for the new season... I cant wait to get started.